How I went from 183 followers to over 1400 on Pinterest (in four days!)
I still can’t believe it. I made a couple of small shifts in the way I was using Pinterest for my business late last week. The results are blowing my mind.
On one of my boards, I went from this on May 16:
To THIS last night (and if I’d known this was going to happen, I would have taken screen shots at different points over the weekend! As it is, I found these in my email archives):
I just took this screen shot on my iPad:
I know, I know. You want to know the magic formula!
To be honest, I’m probably just as surprised as you are. I know a couple of things for sure. The most important thing I’d like to point out is that followers are only a number. It’s the quantity over quality adage here, ladies. I’m under no illusion that each of 1200 or so new followers I have could possibly be my ideal client. Having said that, I believe it makes it more likely in terms of increasing my reach to perfect fit clients that I currently have 1.4 k people following my pins (ok, well some of those may not be human. They could be automated spammers looking for follows back, but still…it’s impressive, yes?)
Here’s what I did:
- Took my personal account and turned it into a business account. Details on how to do that HERE.
- Made sure my profile description accurately reflects what I do (Hey, I’m Krista & I help women go deep, get real, get it right, and get it all online. Let’s activate your web essence by creating a website that’s ever-so-you.)
- I went through my boards and deleted those that no longer felt relevant. Think declutter + delete. Purge, lady.
- I created new boards that reflected my own personal views on what I’d like to create in the world. The key is to be CLEAR, not clever. I created a board called Web Design Inspiration and Trends. People get this. People will search for this. This is uber important, ladies. I subsequently created other boards, knowing what my current roster of clients have questions about.
- Commentary. I began actually including my own thoughts on the pins I was pinning to my boards. I included my point of view — what I liked, would change, and would encourage. I stopped only re-pinning.
- Use hashtags in your commentary. Still don’t know how they work? Found this great post to help.
- Add a couple of pins to your boards regularly.
That’s it! That’s what I did differently. Clearly, it’s not rocket science :)
I’ve realized through this exercise that I need my own new web presence. One that fits the work I truly feel called to create. Here’s a sneak peek of my website-work-in-progress :)
If you’re looking to stay in the loop on when I launch my new site (and grab your copy of my brand new free e-book coming with it), please jump in and add your email to my newsletter right here.
Effing brilliant. It’s been such a ride to watch this grow with you these past few days and you’ve already inspired me to declutter and re-org my pinterest boards. I’ve just converted to a biz account but I haven’t “verified” my website yet–will soon.
Totally helpful post. Write more often, woman.
ps – Can’t wait until your new site is live!!
Thanks, Jac!! Will do :)
oh, and ps – ME neither!
Thank you so much for this, Krista! Converting my profile page now!! :)
Glad to be of help Stefani :) Let me know if you have any questions!
Wow, this is truely an amazing and inspirational story and I will certainly try and take on and implement your top tips.
But, I think you also got magnetic energy that draws people towards you ;)
Lisa….You’re SO sweet! Thank you for the kind words.
Thanks Lisa :)
So now you’ve inspired me to get on Pinterest for the first time ever – thanks partner!
Ooh..Rach…it’s SO awesome. Let’s get together and I’ll give you the inside scoop :)
Thanks for this story. I am going to look at using interest now. I love the sites you design for women .
Thanks for sharing your inspiring story Krista, along with the tips for how you did this. I’m going to get to work on this!
Looking forward to seeing your new site too.
Hey Lisa! Thanks for your kind words. New site is live today :)