I’ve spent a lot of time over the past several weeks scouring the web for a solid resource I could send to my clients (and use myself!) that would help articulate their mission.
What I learned is that I couldn’t find one resource that gave me a step-by-step, easy formula that I could begin to play with and refine for what I felt like my mission was becoming.
So I returned to the teacher in me (my education degree STILL comes in handy, see Mom!) and I developed a worksheet that I used to flush our my own mission.
I began by getting my creative juices flowing. I asked myself some powerful questions like:
- What is my work about?
- What is it that I REALLY want to do?
- What’s the message I want all of my clients to know?
- What’s the experience I want to deliver for my clients/customers?
- How does what I do make a difference?
- Who do I most want to help?
- What do I really want my work to be about?
- How do I feel called to serve my audience? (even if I don’t know HOW, yet)
I sat with these questions. I journaled on them. I drank wine (true story!) with a friend and talked about them. I listened to how they sounded. I watched for resonance when I said them aloud. I played with my answers until I could truly begin to see what my mission might be.
I couldn’t articulate it, yet. But I could sense and feel it.
Are you curious for what I uncovered with this process?
What do you think?
After I noticed how helpful my process was for me personally, I sat down and developed this guide for you. Quite honestly, I developed it because I couldn’t find anything that COULD help me articulate the answers I wanted to add to a mission statement.
Leave a Comment